Do you know what the true power of social media is? It’s not the reach or the brand collaborations. It lies in the fact that every person on the planet with a phone and an internet connection has the potential to become a superstar. It democratises fame.
Who is a creator?
A lot of people assume that if someone has a lot of followers, then they are a creator. False. A creator is someone who creates content and distributes it on the internet. A truck artist from Indore is a creator. A mom interested in making new dishes for her children is a creator. People like this sum up to India’s gigantic creator economy that stands at 80 million!
What is the Creator Economy?
It’s simple, isn’t it? People love buying things online. But since the options and avenues to do so are limitless, they need real people to help them navigate their way through. Almost 70% of young people trust creators over brands, which is why most of them endorse brands, making this an ₹800 crore industry in 2022! But that’s just a tiny part of a creator’s earnings.
YouTube shares its ad revenue with those whose streams hit the thousands. Substack and Ghost allow writers to sell newsletters. Master Class allows celebrities to earn from courses about their art. And most importantly, there are many platforms that allow creators to monetise their content on their own terms, without worrying about brands, algorithms or numbers.
Hey, wait. That’s what Odanta does!
Umm…what exactly does Odanta do?
Creators now have an alternative avenue of making money by linking their Odanta profile on their preferred social media app.
There are multiple ways through which you can earn:
- Purchasing a particular course, video, or article is also available to those users that do not want the whole month’s subscription but just a single piece of content. Creators can enable content not just for their subscribers but for those who purchase it as well.
- Subscriptions are our golden egg, our way of creating tight-knit communities. Supporters can subscribe to their creator of choice monthly or annually, and during that period, get access to all of the creator’s private content.
- Donations allow supporters to directly pay creators any amount of money, without the need to subscribe or sign up on Odanta. It’s the easiest way to enable earnings, but there is no access provided for your paid content.
But why would people pay for content that they can see for free? Only if it is exclusive, and provides them with some value.
- Courses are a great way for creators in niches like education, finance, and photography to help their audience learn a little bit. It’s simple. If you’ve got a talent that you think you can pass on to others, sign up now.
- Videos are great for YouTubers or even Directors of Photography as you can control access of your most exclusive content, your best videos, BTS, gameplay etc. for your paid community. YouTube is great, but it shares revenue. Here, it is all yours.
- Articles allow writers/bloggers/Instagrammers to convert their writing into gold through our robust blog system. Our UI is easy, cool and packed with tools, and the moment you publish an article, your subscribers are notified through email. If that’s not enough, we have tons of easily shareable social media integrations.
- Finally, Workshops are made for any creator who wants to hang out with their supporters or have live sessions teaching them yoga or the art of perfecting coffee. You can schedule one-on-one calls or even group sessions. A few clicks and it will be up, with email, calendar and website reminders for your followers.
All of these features allow creators to focus on their work and leave all the boring stuff aka website hosting, payments integration, analytics, SEO etc. to us. We believe it will not only allow them to focus on producing great quality content but also bring them closer to the people that matter.
This is our vision for a peer-to-peer platform where real people make money. You in?